What is a Strawberry Moon?
Named for the wild, ripe, and bountiful strawberry harvest that typically occurs during this time of year. It’s said that picking strawberries beneath the light of the moon honors the crops and ensures a bountiful yield next season.
Strawberries are considered a food of love, representative of the goddess Freya, and they symbolize love and luck. June’s Strawberry Moon spiritual meaning embodies the magic and fullness of life.
This is the best moment to make difficult decisions or to face responsibilities you’ve been avoiding. Start fresh and dive deep into personal growth! Remember to pace yourself, don’t burn yourself out in your excitement and enthusiasm. Evaluate your goals and intentions to make sure they are realistic and achievable.
Strawberry Moon Alternative Names
- Lover’s Moon
- Summer Moon
- Hot Weather Begins Moon
- Moon of the Turtle
- Moon of Birthing
- Honey Moon
- Mead Moon
- Rose Moon
Strawberry Moon Spiritual Meaning
Strawberry Moon Colors
Strawberry Moon Journal Prompts
A great way to celebrate the Strawberry moon is by journaling your thoughts and intentions. Here are some prompts to get you started:
- How far have you come with your goals and intentions you set this last Winter? Have you achieved them?
- If not, what obstacles can you remove that are holding you back? What patterns and routines are currently interfering with your growth? What can you do to change or alter these? Do you need to re-evaluate your intentions?
- If yes, what can you do to set goals that bring about a deeper and more spiritually fulfilling life? How can you challenge yourself further?
- How can you incorporate a creative talent of yours into your spirituality?
- Do you have a Strawberry Moon or Summer Solstice altar or sacred space in your home? List any crystals, oils, candles, flowers, statues, or meaningful personal items you’ve placed on it.
- What can you do now that your future self will be grateful for this Winter or next Spring? Now is a time of growth and improvement, what do you plan to manifest for yourself?
- Slow down and notice some of your favorite aspects during the season of the Strawberry Moon and Summer Solstice. Make of list of them and find ways to incorporate them into your life more often.
Sit outside beneath the moon, or someplace quiet where you will not be disturbed. Reflect on 3 things you are grateful for right now. Feel free to say the following chant or repeat it in your mind:
Tonight I sit beneath this Strawberry Moon feeling grateful for (say the 3 things you chose above). I’m grateful for the Moon above and the Earth below me. As the season turns I wish strength, abundance, hope, and love for myself and those I care for.
Feel the white and glowing energy of the Strawberry Moon fill you up. Spend the next 5-10 minutes meditating quietly.